Leaked photo shows mass trial with 37 accused unauthorized immigrants — shackled hand and foot — being processed all at once
- A leaked photo from a Texas courthouse shows 37 people accused of illegally entering the US being processed all at once.
- In these kinds of trials, defendants are often expected to answer questions in unison to save time.
- It’s illegal to take photos in federal court, but somebody broke the rules to get the image out.
- The image has been circulating online in the legal community and was published recently by The Intercept.
- Though they might be unfamiliar to many, trials like this have been going on in border courts for more than a decade.
- The Trump’s administration’s “zero-tolerance” immigration policy is making such scenes more common.
A leaked photograph shows 37 defendants in…
View original post 403 more words